Easter Sunday I experienced some light bleeding. The bleeding made me VERY nervous and emotional so the following Monday I went to see my doctor to make sure everything was okay. Luckily, the ultrasound showed that the baby was still intact with a strong heartbeat and is growing strong. I went to the appointment alone as Jason was scheduled to perform surgery. It was hard to not be with Jason. I love sharing our special baby moments together, the good and the bad.
The baby has grown SO much since the last time I saw it, I could make out a spine and even the finger and toes. Our baby was very active in the last ultrasound and was in this one as well. We may have a little athlete on our hands. Lastly, before I left the appointment the doctor asked me if we were going to find out the sex of the baby. I said yes. He said he got a little glimpse and it looks like we are having BABY BOY!!! It is still early (11 weeks 4 days) so we are not 100% convinced it is a boy just yet but are excited none the less. Maybe the old wives tale about the heart rate really is just an old wives tale? Or as my sister Stephanie says, “any baby of yours will have a high heart rate, you are anxiety ridden and easily excited by nature.”
Bleeding and spotting can occasionally occur during pregnancy as the uterus is expanding and stretching. Our next appointment will be our normal belly check, which is just a week away now. I am anxious to hear that little heartbeat again.
No comments:
Post a Comment