Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

13 Weeks and Sharing the BIG News!

Tuesday, April 13th Jason and I went to our 12 week 5 day belly check. We didn’t have an ultra sound this time but got to hear the baby’s heartbeat with the doppler. Hearing it beat away always puts a little smile on my face. I still cannot believe there is a baby growing in there!!

While at the appointment Jason asked about the accuracy of the last ultra sound showing the baby as a boy. Dr. De La Pena said that it is 90% accurate at this point! If he decides to show us the goods again during the next ultra sound the likelihood will increase to 98%. Needless to say, Jason is thrilled with the idea of a son!! The agreed name is AIDEN JAMES DARLINGTON (or Aiden Kore, per Jason!).

After this appointment we also decided it was time to share the big news with our friends and family. It was hard not spill the beans all of those weeks!! We got an incredible response of support and joy. We feel so lucky so have such wonderful people in our lives. ♥

3 comments:

  1. I am sooooo excited for you both! a Boy?! Oh boy! You know you have a babysitter whenever you need!!! Congrats to the both of you- you're going to make WONDERFUL parents!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool that we have just about the exact same due date. Our two little grubs will be metamorphosizing into human form at just the same rate so they can play together just like Jason and I did. We won't have a clue about gender until 4/22 though. I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG! TORTURE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, I love the name!! He's one lucky kid to have you two as parents.

    ReplyDelete