Thursday, January 29, 2015
A Bump in the Road; Prayers Please
Things were looking mighty good for the Darlington Clan earlier this week. We closed on our new house!! Home sweet home. The boys and I have had an excellent time exploring and both are loving school. Aiden has even stopped crying at drop off, a first in two years. But this past week we got some not so ideal news regarding my pregnancy. I went in to meet my OBGYN for the first time and discovered that I was already dialing at just 29 week and was put on bedrest. After a detailed ultrasound and more testing showing the baby was very healthy we decided a "modified" bedrest would suffice. This means no picking up or playing with the kids, no walks, doing chores or evening getting groceries. Basically I could take the kids to school and relax in the house. After initially thinking I would be on full bedrest, this sounded very do-able (with super hero help from Jason). However, Tuesday afternoon I was driving home from a doctors appointment with the boys when I was side-swiped. Aiden and Alex, thankfully, were unharmed. I unfortunately starting having contractions from the accident and was admitted to the local hospital. I was given a round of drugs to stop the contractions and a dose of steroids to help the baby's lungs develop should I not be able to stay pregnant. As of right now, the contractions have stopped and the baby is doing well. I am hoping to return home soon, but when I do I will be on 100% bedrest and only able to walk to use the restroom, take a shower, or join the dinner table. I am hoping that after a few weeks of "normality" I can go back to a "modified" bedrest. This situation is not ideal but is especially not ideal being in a new town with no friends and family - and - in a new house with our items still in Los Angeles. But really, you cannot complain about paper plates and sleeping bags when you just want a healthy and full term baby. A few days ago I would have been irritated by the kids whining or fighting, but right now, sitting in the hospital, I would give anything to take them to the park. Its unfortunate that it can take such circumstances to make your truly appreciate the simple yet important things in life. Fortunately, my sister in law, Tania, flew in just hours after the accident to take care of the kids while Jason works and I stay off my feet. I don't know what we would do with out her! Last week, I also connected with another local Mom who already dropped off a meal. I have only met her twice, so the generosity and friendship is unbelievable. In general, the community here is amazing and supportive, regardless of my newness to it. For that, I am thankful. Prayers please that this baby stays put for a few more week and that I don't go stir crazy on bedrest!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment