Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Exploring Melbroune

It has been one week of living in Florida. Jason is doing well at work and is enjoying the new office and staff. Meanwhile, the boys and I have been busy exploring the area and starting school. While they are happy as can be, I am feeling slightly homesick for my friends and home in Glendale. Being pregnant and wanting to nest I am ready to have a permanent "home." My normal day isn't going to any office but being a housewife, and without an actual house I am feeling a bit off kilter. None the less, I am liking it here. 

The boys were able to watch their first rocket launch from the beach near the condo we are renting. The rocket was the Atlas V and was bringing a military satellite into orbit. There seems to be about one launch a month from Cape Canaveral, we are excited to view more. 


 Of course, we have spent plenty of time at parks and the beach. They are incredibly happy playing in the sand and makes parenting easy. I hope they never tire of it! 




We also discovered the Brevard Zoo. Although smaller than, it blows the LA Zoo away. It is very kid friendly in terms of viewing the animals and hands on activities. You can feed (and get slobbered on by) the giraffes, kayak with rhinos, zip line, ride a train, play at the splash pad or tree house and of course attend the petting area. 



Aiden had his first day of school at Holy Name. How cute is he is his little uniform?! Per the usual, he was whiney and clingy at drop off (Yep, after two years of school he still cries). Alex is not old enough to attend yet (next year) but will be going to the Mom's Day Out program they have on campus three days a week while Aiden is in class. I wasn't planning on taking him this week but when I showed him his room he was really happy and said goodbye to me!  All of the teachers at Holy Name are fantastic and welcoming, we really lucked out in joining the community.


It has been a BIG first week! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment