Well... I have been on bedrest almost a week now, and I must say it is HARD! I don't know how women stay on bedrest for weeks and weeks. Hopefully that is not what is in store for me, although I will do anything to keep this baby in longer.
Jason's sister, Tania, flew in from Los Angeles just hours after the accident to pretty much take over my Stay at Home Mom duties. Literally, she is doing everything for us; cooking, cleaning, shopping, driving and caring for the boys. It is really hard to ask for help and allow someone to do things for you, but she is doing a great job and makes it easy considering the circumstances.
Along with bedrest, our new house is under minor construction. We are giving a few areas a facelift. With everything going on, we considered postponing the work but we have a very unique opportunity where we have an empty home where floors can be replaced and a messes can be made. As I cannot unpack the few items we do have here, it oddly feels like "nesting" to me (even though it is dang noisy!). I will be sure to post before and after photos.
My days are pretty much spent in bed, literally. Instead of our previous plan of blow up mattresses while we wait for beds to arrive from California I got spoiled with a brand new Tempur-pedic. Jason (okay me) got a new TV. I am trying to be useful by doing taxes, catching up on emails and scrapbooking on Shutterfly. Feeling productive makes the bedrest more tolerable. Also, the ocean view outside my room does not hurt; a dolphin just swam by as I write this!! A true dream come true to live here.
Jason has been doing well. It is obviously a lot more work for him having a new job with myself out of commission but does a great job picking up the slack. The boys are happy too but they do notice my absence and have been extra clingy and needy when we read books and cuddle. I am surprised how much they understand the bedrest. Whenever I get up Aiden asks my why I am walking. Alex likes to talk to the baby and tells him "stay in Mommy's belly" and "grow up more before you come out." Both are excited for a new bother but Alex is especially affectionate towards my little bump.
No comments:
Post a Comment