Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Turning the Dirty Thirty & Celebrating Five Years of Marriage

I am speechless. Celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary and turning the BIG 3-0 this weekend was full of heartfelt surprises. 

August 2: Friday morning Jason and I drove up to Santa Ynez and Solvang for a weekend of wine tasting. My parents watched the boys while we enjoyed much needed rest and romance. It's hard to believe we have already been married for five years. Time sure flies when you are having fun... or maybe we have been half asleep from two young children.

Love you, Jason Darlington.




August 3: Saturday we made plans for my parents to drive up with the boys and meet us for the remainder of the weekend. When we arrived, I was SURPRISED to find my entire family!!!! My sisters, their husbands and nephew all flew from Minnesota to help me celebrate my 30th birthday. We had all been wine tasting in Santa Ynez a few years ago and had a blast, I have been wanting another family trip there ever since. I had no idea they were coming but have to admit, I was secretly hoping they would magically show up. Needless to say, I was very excited when they did!








August 4: I am THIRTY!! My family and I enjoyed a lovely morning in adorable Solvang eating Danish pastries and walking around. On our way back to Los Angeles we stopped at the Pali Wine tasting room in Santa Barbara. Pali is a family favorite! Jason and I made a few extra stops on the way home, through Malibu and past our old house... only to arrive home to be extremely SURPRISED by my closest friends!!! I honestly had no idea a party was in store!!! It took me a good half an hour to let it all soak in and stop shaking and smiling. Jason (with the great help of others - thanks Mom, Candy and Melissa!!) threw an incredible evening. Looking back, there should have been a few things that tipped me off, like the detour to kill time on the way home. Or when I noticed a house key missing on my key ring and Aiden got the blame. Or when I checked our security system on my iPhone and the house was not armed and Jason "took care of it." Certainly, after wonderfully celebrating our anniversary and being SURPRISED with my sisters, I couldn't imagine anything more being in store for me. Thank you, thank you everyone who attended. It means the world to me to have your love and support. I cannot imagine a better way to celebrate. If this is anything what being 30 is like, I'll take it!










Also, a big thanks to an old college friend, Kelly of Serfoss Productions, for taking such beautiful photos of the party. It was great to catch up and have you capture such a special day. I had to restrain myself from posting every photo of all my awesome friends but you can check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment