Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Goodbye California

Yes, you read that right. We are saying goodbye to California. With deep emotion I would like to announce that we are moving to Florida. Jason has taken a new job and is joining a wonderful medical group. His first day is mid January but we expect to move sometime in mid December, depending on the sale of our current home.

Our new nieghborhood!
Can't complain with this local Floridian view.
I moved to California almost 14 years ago to attend Pepperdine and have been here ever since. Minnesota will always be home, but California will be too. Even with the hopes of returning to Minnesota someday I honest never foresaw ourselves leaving Los Angeles. As we spread the news friends, it seems to be unamamous that most people did not see this move coming either. But with a fantastic opportunity for Jason we are excited to begin a new chapter in our lives.

It will be hard to leave to our house in Glendale. We have strong memories here and I dislike saying goodbye to the spot smack dab in the middle of our lawn where sweet Alexander was born. We purchased the house just three years ago with the hopes it would be our forever home. The property was a foreclosure and we put in a lot of love and renovations. For those of you who were never able to visit, you can see the current MLS photos below and the before photos here. I was seven months pregnant with Alexander when we moved to El Arbolita Drive and I will be six when we move to Florida. There is something about getting pregnant that makes us go into "reverse nesting." I would be lying if I said this move wasn't stressful.

Putting the materialism of the home aside, we are immensely sad to leave behind Jason's family and our amazing network of friends. I wish I could write something eloquent to express my feelings on the relationships we will miss, but I cannot put it into words. All I can say is that I love you all. Thank you for your constant support and generosity. Southern California would not have been home without you.

Upon writing this I realize my words may seem pessimistic, but they are not intended to be. Even with all we leave behind, I am confident our future in Florida will be bright.

Off to a new adventure...

























No comments:

Post a Comment