Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Mexico

We just returned from a week long family trip with my parents to Cancun. It was much needed and we had a fantastic time. With our busy lives, the boys and I can never have enough time with Jason away from home and work. We stayed at Azul Beach. It is a gourmet inclusive, family resort. Everything is kid friendly, making our stay with the boys easy. I would highly recommend it.










We spent most of our days at the beach but the Dads did manage to sneak in a cavern dive at Dos Ojos.






After sun, sand and extra long naps we had "bubble parties" (aka cocktail hour) on my parents patio. Which was followed by delicious dinners and more cocktails at the beach bar (a family friendly bar of course!). The boys felt pretty special bellied up to the bar ordering "bubbles" (aka; kiddie cocktails) and enjoyed dancing to the live music. It is safe to say our kids were loaded on liquid sugar while in Mexico. It was awesome to have my parents there. They were a big help with the kids and of course it is always good to visit. Our time together is never long enough, Aiden cried all the way to the airport for them when we left. Thanks for a great trip Mom and Dad, miss you already!





... the only downside of the trip was when we had to turn down our first class upgrades because Aiden is not old enough!! Bummer, right? And honestly, not fair! To rub salt in the wound, Jon Voight was on our flight and we would have sat right next to him. You would think after years of casting and working at a top agency in Los Angeles I wouldn't still get excited about celebrity sightings... but I just can't help myself!! I am happy to report to my fellow gossip magazine addicts he seems like one pretty mellow, happy dude who was polite and kind to fellow passengers. He even said hello to the boys.






2 comments:

  1. Wayne and I have been thinking of a vacation with Hailey. Did you go through a travel agent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leah, no we booked the hotel and flights ourselves. My parents are members to that chain so we were able to get a discount. But I think you can find discounts in various places during the year. We have also stayed at the Azul Fives which is the same family resort chain and that we great too!

    ReplyDelete