Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Cakery


I am not sure what has gotten into me. I have gone from a career woman in the entertainment business to a wife and stay at home mother... with a hobby in cake making.  Complete domestication. But what can I say? I love every part of it!

I wanted to give baking a try when I ordered a cake for a friend's gender reveal party. I was blown away by the price and while it was a beautiful cake, I thought, I could do this!

It has turned out to be a great little hobby and a fun gift to bring to parties. Cakes can be make ahead of time and frozen. Fondant lasts for months so I can make little pieces of décor here and there. Although I have to admit a few projects have gotten to be more time consuming than I wanted! The trend of blogging makes learning tools easily accessible. Ideas and recipes are no hard to come by.

Here are my first few cakes...



No comments:

Post a Comment