Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Family of Four

I was really missing Aiden while in the hospital so asked to be discharged just 24 hours after admission. We are now home and settling in as a family of four. My Mom and Dad came to stay and help for the first week which was huge. My Dad and Aiden are best buds so they were busy playing hard while my Mom made lots of freeze ahead meals and kept the house nice and tidy. THANKS MOM & DAD!!


Now that Grandma and Grandpa are gone it is officially two against one while Jason is at work. It is not so bad! I am not sure what I thought was so hard about having a newborn the first time around and why I was so overwhelmed. Although lack of sleep is hard,  Alexander just sits and naps in his swing all day. Aiden on the other hand will always be my little prince charming but has a lot of energy and is definitely slipping into the terrible twos. I wish I had half his spunk! As our pediatrician would say, we have had a newborn before and know what to do, but never an 18 month old. Learning as we go...

I don't want to compare our boys... but check out the below photos! Alexander is on the left at three days old and Aiden is on the right at 5 days old. They have quite a few physical similarities but Alexander has more olive skin and dark brown hair while Aiden had pale skin with a bit of blonde fuzz. Alex has blue eyes like Aiden, at least for now.


Aiden is adjusting well to Alexander. There have been a lot of very sweet moments. When Alex cries Aiden will rush over to check on him and he often holds his hands and gives him hugs. I will admit there have been a few naughty moments too. Sometimes Aiden will look for my attention when I am feeding Alex and hit. But all in all, I would say he is doing pretty dang well as an older brother. I can't wait to watch the two goobers grow up together.


No comments:

Post a Comment