With the baby coming in less then a month I am trying to enjoy my time with Aiden as much as possible. As much as I am excited to meet our new addition, I am pretty sad that these are the last few days of just us. I really enjoy my one on one with Aiden and am incredibly lucky I am able to stay home with him. Mornings are my (and Jason's) absolute favorite. It takes him a while to wake up so everyday we sit on the couch, drink our milk and watch a little of the baby channel while he cuddles. Cuddling is a rarity with such an active little boy so we just soak it in.
Although as I write this blog entry I can't help but think of its irony... as Aiden and I had a pretty rough day together yesterday. Jason even came home from work during lunch to give me a break and nap (one of the many perks of our new home). For one reason or another we just could not connect which lead to lots of crying and rolling on the floor (yes, our sweet boy does that!). It was one of the few days that made me envy working mothers... who after their second child is born still gets to send their first to daycare. Caring for Aiden and a new baby is feeling daunting at the moment.
Lastly, I am trying to come to terms with the fact our little boy is growing up. I have never been one to get emotional about milestones but lately they have really hit me hard. We toured our new hospital a few days ago and I had a bit of a panic when we passed the nursery. The newborns were so tiny and it made me realize how big Aiden really is. He is certainly not a baby anymore, even though I think of him as one at times. He also got his first hair cut (the below photo pretty much describes how the trim went) and I was not happy with the results. No more baby hair, curls or fuzz. Now that I am used to his new look I think its sweet but it certainly made him look a lot older in just a few snips.



No comments:
Post a Comment