I have to admit this month has not been easy. Most importantly, my best friend Sarah's father passed away. I have known Scott since Sarah and I rode the kindergarten bus together and our families grew close over the following 20 years. I can say with all honesty he had the biggest heart of any man I have ever met. Everyone will miss his greatly. Please send thoughts and prayers to the Luers family.
 |
| RIP Scott |
For those of you wondering when we are moving into our new house, well... we are not. After seven months of waiting on bank approvals and negotiating liens the sale of our new home fell through on closing day. I will spare you from the details but we are extremely shocked, sadden and angry as it really was our dream house. With our house sold and our belongings packed we are in a bit of limbo. Luckily the buyers of our home have given us a nice rent back period to either find a new house or a transitional rental. We have been attending open houses like crazy but with the upcoming holidays and uneasy economy pickings are slim. It also does not help we are looking in the most expensive city in the country, I think our expectations may need a reality check! I must say its been quite stressful on Aiden who has not been happy about the packing and can sense tension. Hopefully we can quickly find some stability for him and the new baby coming in just 24 weeks. Click
here for a last look at our old digs.
Oh yeah, to top it all off Jason got rear ended! Luckily he is fine but his car will need a little fixing. Oh well, such is life... I have a feeling next month is going to be awesome!
On a positive note Aiden is 13 months growing strong - and so is Baby #2! I am now 16 weeks along and feeling great! As for Aiden, he must have had quite the growth spurt this summer. At his last doctors appointment he jumped from 25% to 75% in height over a period of just two months! The nurse even measured twice! Our little man also had his first real word - DOGGY! Have I ever mentioned he goes crazy for dogs? It makes sense it would be his first word. Although he often says Mama and Dada, he uses them so often and sporadically I can't say for sure he knows what he is talking about. He also has gotten quite good at letting us know what he wants. He will lead us to what he needs or physically place our hands on a container he wants opened or toy turned on. Clever I must say (yet sometimes annoying as he is a persistent fellow)!
 |
| Helping Grandpa coach the EP boys run at State! |
Lastly, Aiden has some how ended up in bed with us the last two weeks. I am not quite sure how it happened but I am pretty sure I was the sucker in this case. He has been waking up screaming uncontrollably, throwing himself against his crib rails until we bring him to bed. We worked so dang hard at sleep I am hoping this "phase" will pass when there is less activity and stress in the house.
 |
| Napping with Mommy |
Sorry to those I was unable to see during our unexpected Minnesota visit and to those I owe a phone call or email, as you can tell things have been a bit hectic!
No comments:
Post a Comment